What is a 'speakers bureau'?
A speakers’ bureau is a placement service for professional speakers. We assist associations, corporations, and other organizations in the selection of professional speakers for events, conferences, conventions, and workshops.
MGM Speakers Bureau is your 'go to' resource to assure a successful outcome of your event.
What is the process to book a speaker with MGM Speakers Bureau?
When hiring a motivational speaker for your event, we make the process easy...
1) Designate one person as the main contact (Decision Maker) for the Bureau and the Speaker
2) Set the event date, time and location
3) If possible, the Speaker should be booked between 6 to 12 months in advance of the event date
4) Complete our Pre-Program Questionnaire
5) The Bureau will schedule a call with the Decision Maker and the Speaker to go over details and expectations
6) Prepare and Submit an Event Agenda one month prior to event date
7) Depending on the type of event, additional tasks may be necessary between the bureau and booking client
8) Relax and enjoy your stress-free event with your audience!
Are the fees higher if I use the bureau's service rather than contact the speaker directly?
Speakers bureaus do not charge an up-front fee for their services. MGM Speakers Bureau is compensated by the speaker you select. Therefore, our services remain complimentary to the event organizer! Our keynote speakers, training consultants, and business coaches value us because they keep a full schedule; we save them time, paperwork, and we are nice to work with!
Their fees are not higher because you choose to work with MGM Speakers Bureau. The speaker’s fee is the same, whether you book directly with the speaker or book through a bureau.
If there is travel involved, are the expenses included in the quoted fees?
Usually, travel expenses are not included in the quoted fees. Travel Expenses normally will include:
• Hotel Accommodations
• Transportation - to/from departure airport and to/from arrival airport
In some instances, the invoice for expenses incurred will be submitted after the event. Some speakers have started to incorporate expenses into their fee to avoid submitting separate invoices. The majority of the speakers request that the air fare, transportation, hotel accommodations, along with the per diem expense allowance be paid by the client up front.
Who makes the travel arrangements?
Usually the speaker themselves, or the bureau make the arrangements for the speaker. The speaker’s flight requirements, i.e., first class, business class, etc., will be shared at the time of the inquiry.
Who arranges the audio-visual requirements?
Any requirement for audio-visual equipment, i.e., projector, projection screen, wireless lavaliere microphone, etc., will be specified on a booking-by-booking basis. The contract will define who is responsible for each audio-visual item.
Will I be able to talk with the speaker before the event?
Yes, you should and you will. After we have received the Pre-Program Questionnaire completed by you, we will make the arrangements and schedule a phone call with the Decision Maker. At that time, the speaker will learn any additional information from you so they can customize their motivational keynote, workshop, or breakout session to your specific needs.